Wednesday 13 February 2013

Journal #1 My Culture


Larry Clark and Larry Sultan have a very different style in shooting their culture and home life. Larry Clark's photos are more about his life with his friends in his hometown while Larry Sultan shoots his family life at home. Larry Clarks photos are more in black and white to represent a more grundgy hard core kind of life style, he has some nudity and you can tell the kind of life style he had with his friends and his neighborhood. Larry Sultan has pictures of family and it seems that he maybe didn't have the best home life, the photos of his parents seem distant and you cant really see a happy connection. I think he meant to show this in his work. The similarities are that they seem greatly influenced by the people in their life, not many pictures of objects or animals. Both of their friends and family are what stands out the most for them and they knew they could make meaningful messages out of the photos.




Its not that I really like reading but this just sums up some of the things I enjoy and am interested in. Lately I've been looking at design and decorating books because I'm hopefully going to collage for interior design.                      

This is Sassy and she's been my cat ever since I can remember. Obviously she's a big part of my life and thats why I chose to take her photo for this assignment



I have been on an allstar competitive cheerleading team for about 4 years now and its been a huge part of my life. I practice twice a week with the occasional competition on weekends. I decided to photograph my cheer gym bag with my shoes because these shoes have literally endured my blood, sweat and tears and both items just mean so much more than what they seem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment